Vision & Mission
National Lake Conservation Development Committee envisions an abundant Nepal where biodiversity thrives in healthy lakes and wetlands, valued by societies that embrace and benefit from diversity and integrity.
To conserve and manage all lakes and wetlands of Nepal through the participatory approach. NLCDC aims to:
- Initiate policies, laws, regulations, and standards (Threshold) as well as the development of lakes and wetlands conservation plans across Nepal.
- Explore, develop, conserve, and restore lakes and wetlands resources and biological diversities to enhance sustainable lakes and wetlands management by introducing a participatory approach.
- Develop Lake and wetland conservation-friendly human resources, technologies, and implementation of technology transfer to both public and private sectors for integrated and sustainable lake and wetland conservation and management in Nepal.
- Create awareness and accountability among general people across Nepal for the conservation and protection of Nepali lakes and wetlands through awareness-raising programs
- Contributing largely to the Sustainable Development Goals through taking steps in lakes and wetlands conservation of Nepal
The objective of NLCDC is to:
- To maintain and update the legal land ownership certification of the lakes through regular lakes inventory updates in entire Nepal,
- To work under the policies and plans of the Government of Nepal and conduct other necessary activities for the conservation of lakes.
- To conserve the habitat of rare, endangered, and threatened floral and faunal biodiversity in lakes and wetlands.
- To restore altered and disappearing wetlands and lake ecosystems, reclaim the encroached land and water resources of lakes and wetlands in Nepal.
- To initiate and support urgent actions focused on significantly degraded lakes.
- To facilitate and coordinate with national and international organizations for study, research, and conservation programs in the lake and its surrounding areas,
- To develop an agreed-upon commitment toward sustainable conservation and wise use of lake and wetland ecosystems.
- To enhance livelihoods of lake-dependent communities through wise use of lake and wetland resources.
- To raise public awareness and disseminate information on conservation, values, and wise uses of lakes and wetlands.
News & Events
Mr. Rewati Raman Poudel, Secretary of Ministry of Forests and Environment recently visited to NLCDC office.
Mr. Rewati Raman Poudel, Secretary of Ministry of Forests and Environment recently visited to NLCDC ...
A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between National Lake Conservation Development Committee (NLCDC) and Kathmandu University (KU)
A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between National Lake Conservation Development Committee (NLCDC) and ...